Thursday, February 26, 2009
The temple was so beautiful. I am so glad that Amy called us because I had never gone to an open house before. What a great opportunity for my kids!
I was so excited to take her to the "castle"-temple. We always talk about how the temple is Jesus's house and I think she was very confused. She kept asking me when we are going to see him. She asked me in every room where he is and if he was going to be there soon. It was so sweet to see her innocence. She really wanted to see him and was searching for him. I hope that I can always remember her on this day because she set such a great example for me!
The girls have found a
new place to play under the table
We have all been
sick this week with nasty colds!
I have been wanting rain boots
for a long time. Sophie
and I got some this week.
I saw this cake in a magazine
and had to have it for
Laynie's 1st birthday
pictures. Amy and I
spent 4 hours making this cake
Abbey came and took pictures
of the girls for their birthdays.
Can't you tell they love each other!!
We spent the weekend up at
the Crowley's cabin. We went
sledding and snowmobiling!
Driving home from the cabin and
both girls were playing with their
Barbie’s in the car.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Then we helped Sophie make
Valentines for everyone she loves!
party at school. She made her mailbox
and gave out her valentines to her
Aunt Heather sent her a gift card to
Cold Stone Creamery. We went and had some
Yummy ice cream!
for Sophie’s bed!
a snuggle with Daddy!
We had a romantical candle lit
dinner at Nana's
sugared up! Especially Sophie!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes!! It took us 2 1/2 years, 2 surgeries and lots of clomed.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Totally surprised, Happy, Excited...you know, all the normal emotions ;)
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? We had just moved into our new house the day before and I was unpacking boxes in my bathroom. I was late, again, so I decided just to take a test so I would know to pick up "supplies" at the store. To my total shock it was positive.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My Hubby...duh!
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Again...DUH! I am the type of girl that has to plan and organize, so I didn't want any surprises.
8. DUE DATE? March 15, 2006
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? YES. Morning, Afternoon and Evening sickness for about 12 weeks! I love zophran!!!
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Cheese and ice cream.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I couldn't eat any sweets for about 15 weeks without getting that sulfur aftertaste in my mouth. I hated that so much. Then I would try to brush my teeth to fix it and make myself throw up!
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No! I don't know what I would have done with a boy!
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? Ok, I was hoping this question would not come, but since it did I will answer....35 lbs....yikes!!! I know this sounds normal but Sophie was only 4 lbs 14 oz. Bedrest + ice cream = 35 lbs
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes :)
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew! We had to have the shower after she was born because of the bed rest and complications.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes. Had a few pre-term contractions. Then I had dangerously low fluid that put me on partial bed rest for 2 weeks and then full for 6 weeks. Yuck! Then she came breech by c-section 5 weeks early and was in the NICU for 6 days.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Davis
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Labor....who needs labor!
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Bodi aka Daddy!
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My Mom, Bodi and 10 interns!
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-section
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had a spinal and lots of meds after.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 4lbs 14 oz
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? February 11, 2006
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Sophie Lynn Anderson
27. HOW DID THE FATHER REACT TO THE NEW BABY? He was so great! He stayed by her side 24/7 while she was in the NICU. He just sat there and held her hand and talked to her. He is such a great Daddy!
28. DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION OR BABY BLUES? No, I was way too in love with my little bundle of joy ;)
29. BREAST OR BOTTLE? She did both!
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY? 2 years and 364 days old!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
brownies with melted Andes mint
on top! Yummy!
Denny’s for free breakfast.
We didn’t want to wait an hour
so we made our own instead!
fight with her friend...and lost,
got in another fight with a bar stool..
lost again. 4 bumps 4 bruises!
Sophie’s curtains for
her room. 1 year later!
(I sewed them myself!)
I finished the valences in the
birthday party at
Chuck E Cheese!
can find me every Sunday
evening doing my
365 page for the week
The birthday girl with her cute cake.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1.Getting my hair done tonight
2. Snuggling with my baby
3. Organizing my basement closet
4. Getting rid of my DI pile!
5. Having a nebulizer!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
There are lots of fun indoor/outdoor places that we can go right now to kind of beat the weather for little kids. And I am also bringing my studio stuff if people would rather go that route.
Some of the sessions that would be great right now (seeing as lots of people had their "family" pictures taken at Christmas) would be:
- Newborn Pictures
- Maternity Pictures
- Babies who are going to be having birthdays soon and mom's want pictures for their birthday invitations...
- Senior Pictures...now is a great time to do these and I have a special going right now where you get custom announcements with your pictures too.
- Engagement Pictures
- Slice of Life Pictures....read about this new type of session on my blog http://akstudio.typepad.com/home/2007/10/slice-of-life.html"
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I think Laynie was inspired by watching the Super Bowl. She wanted to start walking.....no running tonight. She did so great but we never got a good one on video. She was trying to go so bad! She kept dancing and jumping around. She got 5 steps all by herself with no one holding onto her! I can't believe it......my baby is walking......my baby is almost 1! When it comes to my kids I feel like life goes by way too fast.
PS: I was so hoping that the Cardinals would win tonight :( Good game though.