Saturday, May 12, 2012

He's Here...

William James Anderson
May 7, 2012
6 lbs 15 oz   19 in
12:16 pm

I can't believe he is here. Today was supposed to be the day but he decided to come a few days early.

Birth Story:
I have been having braxton hicks contractions since I was 20 weeks pregnant. It was something so new to me because with the girls I never experienced them before. I started having serious contractions and lots of cramping and pain starting on April 29th. I was contracting every 10 minutes for about 4 hours. I really thought I was going to have him then. For the next week I continued to have lots of cramping and pain in my incision from my previous c-sections. My doctor put me on bed rest on Wednesday the 2nd until I hit 38 weeks on the 5th. She said if the contractions came 5 minutes apart or if my water broke that I could go in. She wanted me to be at least a 3 with contractions before she would take me....that was my goal! All week I was resting and still having contractions every 15-20 minutes. When I hit 38 weeks I was ready to go. I had been foot zoned twice and ready to bring on labor (foot zoning was the it!) I went walking and started cleaning the house. I was having contractions 5 minutes apart for about 2 hours. The first time I sat down they stopped. NOTHING...all day. I was so sad.

Monday May 7th:
I had an appointment at 9:45. I kept thinking that something was wrong because of all the pain I was having the previous week. I had all my bags packed and everything ready just in case I was a 3. I saw my doctor about 10:05 and to my disappointment I was a 2 and 20% effaced.  I explained to her about the pain and contractions. My doctor didn't seem to think it was a big deal but just to be cautious she sent me next door to labor and delivery. I was so sad and trying not to cry because I was so wanting to be a 3 and head over to have this baby. I thought I wasn't having any contractions and I just knew I would be going home in a few hours. 
The nurses hooked me up to an IV to hydrate me to help me feel better from my "braxton hicks" contractions. (I really think my doc thought I was faking it) A while later they hooked me up to the contraction monitors. The nurse came in about 20 minutes later and was shocked that my contractions were 5 minutes apart with 2 or 3 little ones in between. I didn't feel a thing. By this time I had already called Bodi and told him not to worry about coming. My mom was on her way to pick up the girls from school and a friends house to watching them while I was being observed. The next the next thing I know the nurse is running into my room with the anesthesiologist. She told me that we were going to the OR as soon as we could. They were asking me a ton of questions and making my sign my life away all while I was trying to get a hold of Bodi and let everyone know I wasn't going to be coming home anytime soon. 
Bodi got there about 5 minutes before we went back. We only had time to snap a picture and for him to put his cute scrubs. My doctor ran in and they wheeled me away about 11:45.

 Bodi was allowed in the ER while they did the spinal so it helped to keep me calm. Everything happened so fast. Before I knew we were under way. My heart skipped a beat when I heard a big gasp from my doctor and all the nurses. My uterus was stretched so thin that it was see through. (That is super dangerous) She tapped it with the scalpel and it burst. She told me that she was so glad they delivered me when they did because a few more hours with heavy contractions like I was having would have caused my uterus to burst and would have put myself and the baby in danger of death. 
At 12:16 he was born. My doctor thought it would be funny to say "It's a girl!" Bodi just about died! He had a little squeak of a cry. They brought him over to me for a second and then he and Bodi went off to check him out.
 He was just perfect! Bodi got to help give him his first bath and he really liked that. 
Daddy and William were waiting for me when they brought me to recovery. He was just the sweetest thing I had ever seen!

 I am so glad that my Mom already had the girls so they were there within a few minutes of my surgery. They were so excited to see him! Laynie couldn't stop touching him and all Sophie wanted to do was kiss him!
 Our 1st family photo...we are a family of 5! 
Here he is in his car seat for the ride home. He fell right to sleep!

Nothing about this pregnancy or birth were the norm for me. I can't stop thinking about what could have happened differently. We were defiantly being watched over. We are so blessed and I am so grateful he his here and we are all safe and healthy. 
We just love this little guy!


Des said...

What a precious little boy! You have a beautiful family and I can't believe you have 3 kids! Weren't we just kids ourselves? It doesn't seem that long ago! I am so glad for technology and the ability to keep up with old friends. Congrats!

My family blog is at :)

Nikki Nielson said...

Crazy story :) I am so glad you both are happy and healthy. He is such a cutie!