Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Beginnings...

When I heard that the beehive class was in charge of New Beginnings I was so excited. The whole thing came to me in 5 minutes. I have had it envisioned in my mind for a few months now and I am so happy that is over and that it was a success!
The YM/YW theme for the year is the 13th article of faith. We took the last line "we seek after these things" as our idea and turned it into Seeking Treasures. We had a pirate theme. Yes we all dressed up!

We started in the cultural hall with empty treasure chests on the tables. Here we did all of our introductions of the theme and all the things that go with YW(sports, camp, personal progress, activities, strength of youth...) We also gave them a packet with all the information in it. I forgot to take a picture :( Then we gave them treasure maps and sent them on their journey to find the "treasure".
Good Works Coral
Here we played games to teach the girls about the values Good Works, Choice and Accountability and Knowledge.
Love all the fish decorations!
Faith Island


Virtue Reef
Here they played the game of life on a life size board.
Don't you just love the jelly fish!
Here are most of my cute beehives. I am so proud of them...my presidency all completed one 10 hour project by helping with New Beginnings!
Here is the favor. It is a bunch of candies in the value colors.
At the end of their journey the came back to the cultural hall to find the "treasure". We had filled the treasure chests with pictures of the temple. We had the bishop speak to the girls about the treasures of the temple and that the YW program is for them to go there someday.



Our refreshment was blue jello with fish candies on top. So cute!
Here is our whole crew with our new beehives. We has such a great night and can't wait for these new bees to come in!

No comments: