Tuesday, October 14, 2008

we love PUMPKINS...........

This was our second annual trip to Day Farms to the pumpkin patch. Sophie has been asking me for over a month now for her very own pumpkin. We kind of live out in the country and we drive past a patch every time we leave our house. We went with my cousin Amy, her husband Spencer and little girl Abby. We had such a fun time on the hay ride to the patch even though it was cold! FYI: Sophie is in the "not going to look at the camera to save my life" stage.

They had tons of huge pumpkins. We got to go out into the patch and pick one for all of us.
Look at the size of those pumpkins!
Pumpkin Painting
Today Amy and Abby came back to our house to paint the pumpkins. Our kids are still too little to understand carving so we let them paint. I helped Laynie to make this scary bat on her pumpkin. (she is the next vana white!)
The big girls really got into it. I would recommend this to all the moms out there! Super fun!!
This is my favorite one.


My Five
1. A handy husband. Fixed the plumbing, heater, garage...........
2. Close family. I love being able to see my extended family often.
3. Having a basement- a place for toys, guests, computer, piano, storage..........
4. Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0
5. Silly kids that are easily entertained.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Holy PUMPKINS! Those suckers are HUGE! That sounds like a lot of fun and good idea to have the kids paint them:)

Spencer and Amy said...

We had a ton of fun with you guys these past couple of days. Abby loves her pumpkin. Hope to see you later this week at the Scarecrow Festival.

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. The pumpkins are huge!!! Your girls look super cute. I am so jealous that you guys get to wear your warm clothes and that there is snow on the mountains. Great idea to paint the pumpkins, we might have to steal that one. Miss you guys!!!

Rachel Smith said...

Laynie is so cute, I want to nibble on her little arms!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I like the Laynie and Sophie hand-bat pumpkin. Very cute and creative thinking! Hope you are doing well!

Rachel M said...

Great idea to paint instead! We did that years ago and have carved since the kids are older, but I hate carving the pumpkins!! Shout out to Bodi who is not only handy but an awesome home teacher:)