Sunday, October 19, 2008

When Daddy's Away the Girls Will Play.......

Bodi went on the rifle hunt this weekend and I wanted it to be a fun weekend with me and the girls. I have been wanting to decorate cookies for Halloween so that's what we did. We made the cute spider cookies that I have seen on my cousins blog and they turned out cute. I think that Sophie ate more of the decorations than actually got on the cookies! When we were done we took some to our neighbors so I didn't eat them by myself all weekend.

On Saturday we had to go and get flu shots :( This girls did very well and we all got matching bandaids. Sophie was such a big girl and didn't cry. She just yelled at the nurse and said "You hurt me!" She was giving her crusties the rest of the time. I was laughing so hard that it was hard to hold Laynie for her shot.
After the doctors office we went to the park for a while. Laynie loves to swing and could stay there for hours.
For dinner that night I made one of Sophies favorite foods. Waffles! I added a little twist. Pink Waffles. As you can see the girls loved them.
We had a great weekend and we are glad that Daddy is home safe and sound. PS no deer!!!!




My Five:
1. Fall is back. Love the 65 degrees!!!
2. Playing outside with the kids.
3. Nose kisses from Sophie
4. Laynie drinking from a sippy cup!!
5. Sunday Roast. Yum Yum

6 comments:

Jaime said...

You're such an awesome mom! You always are doing projects with your girls. You have such fun ideas, pink waffles! Yum!

Em said...

cute cookies. looks like you had fun despite daddy being gone.

Rachel Smith said...

Sophie looks so old in those photos...she's growing up way too fast, and i'm missing it...sniff sniff

Missy said...

Those are very cute halloween goodies:) I too would eat them all if I didn't give them away, they look tasty!

Josh Schffman said...

Hey guys! What a family! You guys look great. Hope everything is going well for you. By the look of your blog it looks like it is still good. Would love to keep in touch? -The Schiffmans!

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun making cookies! I think I'd better get Carson a flu shot as well, thanks for the reminder! Glad everything is going well! :)