What a morning we had today. My little Laynie gets into everything and today she really did. I had been treating some stains in my kitchen and must have dropped a clump of OxiClean under the cabinets. A few hours latter Laynie started screaming and I noticed that she was foaming at the mouth. Then she started puking. He whole body was convulsing and I had no idea why. I finally figured out that she had the OxiClean in her mouth. I ran to the laundry room to look at the box and it says : Harmful if swallowed. I was in a panic. I grabbed my phone book to look for the poison control number...couldn't find it. She pukes again. I call my Mom to see if she had the number...no. She pukes again. I grab my computer and get the number...finally. Poison control tells me that it is dangerous for her to throw it up and to get her to stop.....huh? How do I get her to stop??? Well she stopped. There is hydrogen peroxide in it and it could burn her throat. They told me to give her plenty of fluids and to watch her for an hour. She ended up being fine but it was really scary for me! Just a little advice...keep the oxiclean away from the kids!
PS the number to poison control is 1-800-222-1222